Root canals are a popular way to deal with many dental concerns, but how do you know if your tooth trouble really needs a root canal? There are sometimes symptoms, yet sometimes none, so find out if the treatment is the right relief for you.
There are many dental problems that a root canal can relieve. When you need to get a root canal, pain is the common obvious sign. Yet there are other symptoms that you may notice, along ones that only an affordable dental care expect will be able to detect. These include:
- Sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Swelling and tenderness of the gums.
- Pain when the tooth is touched.
- Discomfort from slight to extreme around the infected tooth.
- Discoloration of the tooth.
- Inflamed nerves.
- Cracked or chopped teeth.
- Prior treatment that was unsuccessful.
If you have any of these signs, you should make an appointment with a dentist at DH Dental Clinic Lahore. Many times, it’s your dentist who will first notice a problem during one of your regular check-ups. Either way, the real root of the problem will be determined through one of these tests:
- X-rays of the area.
- Probing of the tooth.
- Electric testing to examine the tooth’s inner pulp.
- Thermal testing where extreme temperatures are applied to test the nerve.
Ignore the myth that there is root canal pain. The only root canal pain you’ll feel will be from the problem before treatment.
To learn about our dentistry practice in Johar Town, Lahore Pakistan please visit www.dh.dental today. For appointments please call 0322.DENTAL.1 (0322.336.8251)