If you’re missing teeth, you may be self-conscious, uncomfortable, and have difficulty eating and speaking. But missing teeth can also be dangerous for dental health. You can replace your missing teeth with dental implants or dental bridges, but which one is right for you?
Deciding on Dental Implants
Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. They replace the entire missing tooth, including the root, for maximum support and stability. Dental implants are simply tiny titanium posts that get surgically rooted into your jawbone. Then, these posts attach onto replacement teeth. See what you need to know before choosing dental implants:
- More natural look and feel than dental bridges
- Complete function that allows for eating and speaking with ease
- Preserves natural bone structure, because dental implants don’t demand the grinding of surrounding teeth
- Can last up to 25 years or more
- Initially more costly, but their strength and endurance saves you the cost of the repair and replacement required by dental bridges
- Financing and lower costs are often available from an affordable dentist
Considering Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are another option for replacing teeth. Since they only last 10 to 15 years before requiring replacement, they are only a temporary solution. Dental bridges are made of a frame that attaches to two crowns and the artificial tooth or teeth. The crowns are placed on the teeth surrounding the empty space in your mouth to anchor the artificial teeth in their proper place. Before choosing dental bridges, you need to understand their following features:
- Somewhat natural looking and feeling
- Eases function for more natural talking and chewing
- Diminishes natural bone structure because dental bridges require grinding down the surrounding teeth for placement
- Risk of additional bone loss because the missing tooth’s root is not replaced
- Not as strong or durable as dental implants
- Initially less costly than dental implants, but their need for pricey repair and replacement makes them less cost-effective long-term, even with an affordable dentist
To make the best dental decision for you, consider the features of each option and ask your dentist for their recommendation.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Lahore Pakistan, call DH Dental Clinic today at 0322.DENTAL.1 (0322.336.8251) and visit www.dh.dental for more information.